Monday 22 October 2012

Soundtrack or Treat: A Halloween Mixtape

I used to regularly bother bars and parties playing willfully quirky selections of other peoples records mixed badly, something that ceased to be a unique selling point somewhere around the late nineties. I don't do this very often any more, except on the occasional aurally-masochistic request.

As a result, I have started making mixtapes again. This, along with my recent return to comics and loud and lousy bedroom guitar, is entirely symptomatic of my recent college-era geek regression. I plan to blog about the latter soon, but I haven't had much time to write recently. Instead, in celebration of the Halloween season, please accept the following mash up of horror soundtracks and other spooky seasonal treats, featuring guest appearances from John Carpenter, Burt Bacharach, Biz Markie and the long awaited meeting of Goblin with the Goblin King! 

Soundtrack or Treat! : Mat's Halloween Mixtape (Download on Soundcloud) 

Look away now to avoid the oncoming horrors of... 
  1. “Cropsy…” (The Burning)
  2. Saving the Day – Alessi (Ghostbusters)
  3. “The dead are coming back to life…” (Night of the Living Dead)
  4. The Gonk – Herbert Chappell (Dawn of the Dead)
  5. Haunted House – DJ Yoda feat. Biz Markie
  6. Suspiria – Goblin (Suspiria)
  7. The Blob – The Five Blobs (The Blob)
  8. “I knew this boy..” (Halloween)
  9. The Beyond – Fabio Frizzi (The Beyond)
  10. Putting out the fire – David Bowie (Cat People)
  11. Halloween theme – John Carpenter (Halloween)
  12. He’s Back (Man behind the Mask) – Alice Cooper (Friday the 13th Pt VI)
  13. Silver Shamrock – John Carpenter (Halloween III: Season of the Witch)
I'll be back soon, but in the meantime please visit my friends at the really good Garageland Magazine arts and culture blog where I've just guest posted on Bergman's Seventh Seal.

Happy Hallowe'en!

No comments:

Post a Comment